Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whatever It Takes.........

Since the removal of Gabriel's breathing tube on Tuesday night, I've been doing whatever it takes to get a smile out of my sweet little boy. Don't get me wrong. He's already the cutest boy I've ever seen, even when not smiling. But his smile could make you squint in an Amish basement. Okay, anyway, I did get a full-toothed smile out of him several times today with the help of his duck and cow puppets, toy baseballs, books, stuffed animals, and other props I found in his room. The puppets test my ventriliquism (spell?) skills, the baseballs my reflexes, the stuffed animals my multiple accents, and the other props my creativity. I enjoy watching his G-dad try to get a smile only to fail miserably. Finally, I can beat him at something! OH..gotta run...Gabriel is going down to X-Ray to see his throat while he is swallowing. Hopefully things will look great and he will be able to eat something. btw this is Mandi's husband...I don't normally write on this thing.....and I'm not good at it. sorry. . . .keep praying for my sweeties!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Always SO good to see posts from you guys. You are in our prayers and even though we can't imagine what you are going through, it is amazing to watch you praise God through the storm.
The Crane's