Friday, July 18, 2008

We are having a GIRL.... ELLA NYAH MARIE!

Yes I am only 15 weeks! And yes it is crazy that we were able to find out! Usually you don't get to find out until about 18-20 weeks. And yes it was very evident, she was in perfect position. Andre and I both prayed that she would be laying in a good position so maybe we could get a peak and sure enough she was!!!!!! I just can't believe it! She must be a stinker because it seems as though she was performing for us. And man does she move, such a squirmy little thing. Oh and guess what else... she constantly has a hand beside her face...just like Gabe did! And Gabe was even delivered with his hand next to his face, which caused me a little extra pain. So Ella and I are going to have to have a talk about that hand before delivery!

I am going to have Andre work on figuring out how to download the ultrasound pics... so later on I will post them. He and Gabe are snoozing right now!

As for the visit....
It went really well. Dr. Frances is so wonderful! He really reassured things are going to be ok... which is nice for me after the news from yesterday. He told me there are so many options for pain and we could talk about what would be best. We are going to meet with the anesthesiologist (spell?) at about 28 weeks to go over options. So needless to say Dr.Frances did a wonderful job in comforting me. The ultrasound also went very well, as you can see from above! She looks good and all of her measurements are right on. Like I said, she is moving like crazy.

After the visit, Andre and I made a trip to Wal-Mart to buy something for her. We purchased some pink and brown outfits for her... Andre had fun helping me pick them out! Oh, and I actually rode the motorized wheelchair! ..he he... It was fun actually, but a little scary having to drive around other people. (so the reason I rode this was because all I had was my cane and I was afraid I wouldn't make it the whole way....so the lady up front convinced me I should just take the motorized one over the regular one!)

As For GABE....
He is WALKING! He is so amazing... he is already doing laps! He has taken charge and is off again! He is also bending over to pick up things and is not afraid of anything. We are so proud of him. He is still eating well and he is also talking all of the time. Da, Mama, Broof, More, ball, and now "doss" (which is Josh).... and he is still faking coughs! What a stinker...Andre and I are afraid we might have a stinker on our hands when this is all said and done:) He is getting attention 24/7 right now and noone tells him no. So you all can just imagine! He is already starting to go to the kitchen cabinets for "more", which is what he says when he wants food. He is just so CUTE!

So long for now.... I will post ultrasound pics later on....
love
mandi

5 comments:

Tera said...

We are sooo excited about our little niece!! I lol when I read about Ella's hand...you set her straight before the big day! :) I'm already picturing her with the most squeezable cheeks yet!!

Leah Robinson said...

YEAH!!! Everytime I read your blog I just bawl!!! God is so wonderful!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Miss Ella marie!!! Dr. Frances is so great, he delivered Alli Jo :)

Anonymous said...

It is so awesome how well you are both doing! God is so good! Congratulations, in having a girl. It's wonderful, that Dr Frances relieved your fears about the delivery. You will do fine. Mandi, if God can help you walk after your injury He can also help you through your delivery, without an epidural. Like Dr Frances said there are alot of things they can give you to relieve the discomfort of labor. You have proven to be very strong through all of this.ordeal. God is faithful to see you through.Blessings to you all.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

YEEEAAAaaaaaa! Girls are SO much fun! Im so excited for you! Sounds like Gabe is prepping to be a big brother too, as fast as he's growing! :) Im so proud of the 3 (4) of yoU!

The Armes Family said...

Congratulations on your baby girl!! I have to agree with the Robinson family...everytime I read your blog I cry!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!