Saturday, July 5, 2008

God is So AWESOME!

Gabe has been moved to a regular floor! He is now doing everything for himself except for eating. He had to have a feeding tube put in through his nose to keep his belly full because his swallowing is not up to par yet. But praise God he had a wonderful night and he was up throwing the ball to his grandma jolene (my aunt but she wants to be grandma jolene to gabe)! Just amazing! He did finally smile and laugh for the first time. We even got to see his little teeth! He laughing at his daddy because his daddy is so silly! What a cute little boy.... like andre said he is the cutest one I have ever seen. I am so proud of him! So as of him moving to a new floor last night we have made just one step closer to coming home! That makes his mommy really overjoyed! My heart just skips some beats to know the day is coming soon that I get to see him!

So last night Andre surprised me and came home to watch the fireworks with me! We had a perfect spot in the hospital parking lot. Sounds crazy but it was nice to watch them and not have to mess with all of the people at the park. Tyler, Josh, Andre, and i all sat in wheelchairs and enjoyed ourselfs! What a sight to see :) Oh I forgot that Bruce and Gabby (bruce-our dog & Gabby is Josh's) sat right in our laps too. However, they weren't to fond of the loud booming but they got over it!

Yesterday I walked the farthest yet! I walked 250 feet with the walker! I was proud of my accomplishment! I did take some breaks but I did it. And today I am asking to make a home visit, which is just a pass out for a few hours so hopefully they will grant my request so I can see the world once again!

Thanks so much for all of the comments from my last post. It really inspires me to hear from all of you. It is such a great feeling to know that there are so many people praying for us. I want you to know that your prayers are truely what gets us through each day. It means so much for me.... if you ever feel like you want to do something for us just PRAY! That is all I ask from you..... that is what we need the most!

We are on the road to going home, however I ask that you pray for our meeting on Monday (for me) because it is a meeting about how long I have to be here in the hospital and all of those good things. So pray that I meet my goals and I can stick to the plan of only being here about two more weeks! I am so ready to go home and it is getting harder for me to be patient with myself.

Thanks for everything and all of the prayers you all are so great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mandi and family-
sorry that we haven't been to visit since that weekend in Indy, but we have been gone. we are hoping to stop by this weekend though. Kaelyn is anxious to see you. We have been praying fervently for you and Gabe and strength for Andre and the rest of your family. What a miracle HE is showing to us through you and Gabe's healing so far! Loveyou guys!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! It is so good to hear that your family is going to be together soon!! God is Good!! See you soon with some homemade rice crispies. (had to add in homemade to make myself feel better)

Leah Robinson said...

Praise the Lord Mandi! I am so happy for you, Gabe, and the rest of your family! How great is our God!! I have been praying since the day we heard of the accident, and we will continue to pray that God keeps his healing hands on you both! He has BIG plans for you guys, and what a joy that will be when you find out what it is :) I have always heard what a sweet person you were, and to read your story only backs that up! You have a heart truly from Christ! Take care & God Bless you all!!

Victoria said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing for you all. Lots of love and prayers are coming your way from North Carolina!

Anonymous said...

It is sooo good to hear from you!! I have been keeping tabs on you & Gabe's amazing progress from Stephanie. You and Andre are a true inspiration. Your faith and trust in our wonderful God is uplifting! We think of you sooo much and pray for you daily. Keep smilin' your beautiful smile, and keep working hard in therapy!! Love, Angie (Wellman) Kribs