Friday, July 11, 2008

Together Again....

What an awesome God we serve! Gabe and I are together again...... We are a family once again. Wow! We are together way sooner than expected thanks to all of the prayers! On Tuesday night at about 8pm Gabe and I were able to see eachother for the first time in almost a month. It was very emotional, I cried and cried! Gabe didn't have a very good trip home from Indy because he didn't want to be in his carseat so he wasn't in the best of moods but he did let me kiss all over him. On wednesday he was giving me kisses and smiling so he does remmember his mommy and he loves her.... it made my heart dance and skip a few beats. The reunion was excellent.

As of now, I am an emtional wreck. My hormones are raging, I am trying to stop taking my pain meds, and being with gabe again is an overwhelming feeling. Due to these reasons I have to have a good cry sometimes It is a hard thing to be with your child but not be able to take care of him. I am his mommy and it just doesn't feel right not to be able to change his dip. or give him a bath. But one day I will do it all again. So as for me.... pray that I keep getting stronger and I can deal with less pain meds.

As for the Gabester.... he is doing so well! He has been sleeping through the night (however lastnight was rough) and getting stronger by the second. We have been able to feed him small amounts of applesauce and we are now letting him suck on grapes and bannanas through a mesh sack. He LOVES it! He gives us smiles that we can see his teeth! He was made to eat! So please pray for him to get really good at swallowing so next week (july 17) when they listen to him they say "He sounds really good and we are going to take the feeding tube out"! I am asking you to pray fervantly that God will heal his swallowing to be able to remove the tube because I truly belive Gabe will be a different little boy whenever he is able to eat again. This is our biggest concern as of now.

During the days...... Our main focus is to entertain Gabe. We play with toys, we take golf cart rides, we take fourwheeler rides, he jumps in his jumperoo, throw balls, dance to music, watch cartoons, take walks outside, play with puppets, and whatever else keeps gabe happy! If you have any fun ideas let us know!

I will try to update more often now.....WE are doing well but we are still taking things day by day.... so we still need your prayers to keep us going in the same direction..Once again we apprecialte all of the help and prayers.

talk with you soon....
mandi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome!! It's incredible to watch prayers (lots and lots of prayers) being answered before our eyes.

If you don't mind, I wanted to post the "Helping Hands For Mandi" url so anyone who would like to provide a meal can sign up online. Details and instructions are on the website.

As more needs become apparent we will post those on the website as well, as there are many people who want to bless you guys.

Volunteers can go to: http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/605506/

Thanks!!! Rosi

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

It is so good to hear how strong and happy you & andre are! I can not imagine the emotions you are feeling right now. We will continue to pray and think of you guys every day! God is good! We truely feel like we've witnessed a miracle in your situation...
the Owens'

Brittany said...

Mandi,
YEAAAAAAAAAAAH. You are with your baby again. Soon enough you will be changing so many poopy diapers that you will be thinking "why did I want to do that so badly"! haha. We will continue to pray for a quick recovery and for your emotions/moods. It is so good to hear that Gabe is playing. It sounds like he is being pretty active. We can't wait for you guys to come to playgroup. It just wasn't the same without you two.

Leah Robinson said...

Praise the LORD!!!! Oh Mandi, I am so amazed and in "awe" of your strength & love!!! It makes me realize the things we take for granted like just being able to walk & being with our babies! You are such a STRONG woman!!! I just bawled my eyes our reading about your reunion with Gabe! I will continue to pray for your sustained healing!! God Bless you all!