Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Graduated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had therapy today and we tried the walking cane with a small base on the bottom. My therapist said to get rid of the walker and let it collect some dust! Yahoo! Its so crazy to be moving on already... of course I was a little nervous at first but then I tried it and it was good.

So here I am asking for help again. I was wondering if anyone might have a walking cane with a small base sitting around! If you would I would really appreciate it if I could borrow it for a bit. Just let us know by calling Andre's phone at 486-7559. Thanks again for all of your help!

Ok...so tomorrow Andre and I are traveling to Indy for me to see my neuro. surgeon. I am excited to show him what I can do and to see what he will release me to do...hopefully I can lift gabe up! So please be praying for our trip.... it will be a long day however, I am really excited to spend some good quality time with my husband! I will definitely update the progress tomorrow.

Little Gabe is doing AWESOME! He is such a trooper... He and I are learning to walk again and well he is passing me up with flying colors! He is pushing his walking toy around like a pro and cruising along the couch. He has attempted numerous times to take steps by himself. He is eating really well also. We have been giving him applesauce, bannana puffs, bananas and grapes in a mesh bag (for babies) so he can suck on them. He is Loving being able to eat! He is talking now.... saying ball, "Da", and he fakes coughing, because my dad jumps around and acts crazy when he does it....and he loves to get a rise out of anyone.... the OLD Gabe is back! Thank you Jesus!
As for the feeding tube...we were going to take Gabe with us tomorrow to see if they would listen to his swallowing again. However, we were unsure to put him through such a long trip if they would not take out the tube....so between us, Gabe's Doctor, and the speech path. we decided to make the date for July 24. (Gabe's Doc. said that Gabe really needs the extra calories right now to get stronger and heal so therefore we pushed the date back a week.) This is a week from tomorrow and we are asking and believing that this is the day of celebration for his tube coming out! Please join in with us and pray that he keeps improving over the next week so we can remove the feeding tube on this day.

Keep lifting us up because all of your prayers are working!!!!!!
Thanks again
mandi

8 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations!!! God and you are amazing!!! I sit here at the computer with my jaw hanging wide open! You & Gabe really do need a capes...SUPERMOMMY & SUPERBABY! We continue to pray for your complete healing! Thanks for taking time to share your updates!

The Jeffers Clan said...

Congratulations. We have been praying for you and your family. The Jeffers Clan
Josh, Lacy (Fisher), and Leighton

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

WOW! I had tears reading this.. I can't believe how well you both are doing! Its wonderful. Thanks for the comments on our page. Ayla and I can not wait to see both you and Gabe in action. I know it will be soon!
Keep up the good work!

Leah Robinson said...

Mandi,
I look forward to every day hoping to see an update from you :) I am so amazed by how much you and Gabe have improved!! You both are amazing! I will be praying for you, for when you meet with your neurosurgeon and for Gabe so that he keeps improving over the next week and they WILL remove his feeding tube!!!! Praise God!

Kristi said...

Mandi,
That is so awesome that you are using a cane!! God is sooooo amazing and I am so humbled to be His daughter!!
I love the way that He takes good care of His children! I am trusting Him to protect you and Andre' tomorrow. I will be praying that Gabe will have his tube removed next week!
May God's favor and blessings be with you every second of every minute of every hour of every day!
love,
Kristi

Bethany said...

Great job Mandi and Gabe! We are so proud of you. Keep up the great job. Have a great day tomorrow and we look forward to hearing from you again!

Shannon said...

Mandi!
SO good to hear the positive updates. Keep up the good work and we'll keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I am so glad for you and Gabe. God is sooo good. Mae and Harry have a quad cane if you still need one. they said you can use it. Praying that you will get good news from your Doctor. Love
You guys, Helen