Monday, April 6, 2009

Faithfulness

My family has really gotten to experience exactly what faithfulness is, in the last nine months. First our wreck June 14- just a short 9 months ago. Our LIVES were SPARED! THANK YOU JESUS! Then my brother Tyler's innocence with Tylenol PM March 3- just one short month ago. HIS LIFE was SPARED! THANK YOU JESUS! And now April 5- just yesterday.... My parents house was taken due to a fire. ALL OF THEIR LIVES were SPARED! THANK YOU JESUS! You know satan thinks he has a plan but the Lord is our protector! He has answered our prayers over and over again. He is our strength when all has been stripped away. He is who we go to when we feel like we cannot go on.

Heavenly Father-
Thank you for our lives. Lord you have spared our lives once again. You are faithful. We WILL keep serving you!

Last night, as people left, our family was together. My dad gathered us together because he wanted to talk to us..... I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE SO FAITHFUL! Through teared filled eyes he told us "I will keep serving the Lord, he is good to us, he will see us through"! He wanted us to know that because we were all safe and alive he could go on. That the house was just stuff and most of it could be replaced. Let me remind you this is a man who walked away yesterday with NOTHING but the clothes on his back. Amazing, truly amazing.

God has a plan for them that is for sure. My mom and dad were in the sunroom, Josh had just gotten done taking a shower, and Tyler was SLEEPING in the basement! The fire marshal told my dad he has NEVER seen a house burn so quickly. 5 minutes max and there was nothing they could do to save it. Wow! and they all made it out ALIVE! THANK YOU JESUS!

Many are asking what you can do: There has been alot of groceries provided, as well as clothes for the boys. As for now gift cards or money would be great.... I say this only because my mom needs to be able to pick out her own clothes due to how differently sizes run at different places, as for groceries -only they know what they have and what is needed, and from there on out it is things like shoes (which they all need to be able to try on), glasses and contacts (which they have to have prescribed)-these are just two examples. If you can imagine they have nothing so they will have to slowly build things back up....so if you want to call me I will start a wal-mart list as they think of things and I will share those needs with you. (486-5227)
BUT
THE MOST IMPORTANT IS YOUR PRAYERS! IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING just get on your KNEES. THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON WE HAVE SO PLEASE JOIN ME in USING IT.

A big thanks to all of you! I will keep you posted.

19 comments:

Susie said...

How precious you and your family are! Andre's leading from the Holy Spirit in church during worship about preparing for a battle...gives me chills to my core! We are joining with many others as well praying for your family that God will FINISH the work he has begun in you all and that you will see blessings from HIM every day in this journey to rebuild! Praising the LORD for his safety as well!

God is our protection and our strength. He always helps in times of trouble. Psalms 46:1

We love you all and sending you virtual hugs via the WWW!

Love Remains said...

Mandi,
I don't know if you remember me, but I have been following your blog and this morning I heard about your parents' fire on the radio. They took my senior pictures--way back when! Anyway, we had a house fire 6 years ago. It was horrible, but no one was hurt and that is the most awesome thing...at the time I was 5 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter and my oldest was almost 3. It was a rough time. I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am praying for them and all of you! I would love to help out. However, I know how overwhelming this can all be. Everyone wants to help, but there are many specific things that are needed...so I totally understand! Please let me know if there is anything I can do! Lots of prayers,
Sarah (Arvin) Trambaugh

Anonymous said...

I got on my knees at your suggestion and praised God for HIS protection and for further guidance and faithfullness in the months ahead. All I can say is that your family is making HIM known through all of this to so many people. I love your mom and dad so much and I know that so many are hurting for them and feeling as I am right now. I appreciate your suggestions on how to help. Praise GOD! Love you sister.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I thought about you all day yesterday! I hate they are going through this, but know it is another way God can be seen through your lives. I will call you this week once things "calm" down a bit and see what is needed. Until then we will still be praying and thinking of you all.

Victoria said...

Mandi,

Your dear family is so amazing. Your faithfulness is inspiring, and we will continue to lift you all up in our prayers.

Leah Robinson said...

I prayed all day yesterday Mandi....it just breaks my heart!!

Your family's faith has inspired me to love my Savior in good times & in bad!

It’s time Satan realizes he’s NOT going to take your family down!

Lauren said...

My heart grieves with you guys as the enemy has come at you again and again in the last year but God sees your faithful hearts and I know that I know that you will see the love pouring out from the community of believers yet again!

I love you.

Kristi said...

Your family is in my constant thoughts and prayers! I love you all and I know that you will get through this.
I am so thankful that everyone is alive and well!

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I just couldn't get you guys off my mind yesterday.. you know so many people have been reminded about what is important in life. Your family has been beat down repetedly and you just keep getting back up and fighting for the Lord.. Stay strong and keep fighting... Satan can not hold you down. We will keep praying... Love you

Shannon said...

We were driving home from church yesterday and Chad read a comment on facebook... it was vague and left me just praying that everyone in your family was ok! I hated to hear about the destruction of the fire, but Praise God for spared lives! Nelda I know you read this so know you're in our prayers... double blessings I pray for every tear you've cried!

Lisa said...

Thank you God for protecting this precious family! Lord, thank you for allowing this family to be such a witness for your kingdom. In the midst of their tragedy, they are still praising you! Lord we pray that you continue to place a hedge of protection around this family and their hearts, and that many of their christian brothers and sisters will reach out to them during their time of need.

Sonya said...

Mandi, We are praying for your family. You all are such an inspiration.

Ali Gish said...

praying for you and your family mandi!! love you!

Ashley said...

I am praying for you and your family!

Tara said...

I am praying for you and your family. You all have been through so much and are so strong.

Brenda said...

Thank you God for keeping everyone safe! We are praying for you and your family!

Chelsa said...

Mandi- I cried as I read this, and especially what your dad said to all of you. I'm praying! Could I have your address so I can send something to your parents?
you can email it to me if you want-
chels_danielle@Hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that everyone is okay. Your family will be in my thoughts!

Andrea said...

WOW Mandy.. Your blog could make a non believer, believe. God has really watched over your whole family a lot here recently. He is AWSOME! God Bless You!!