Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Life has changed for the better...

Today marks three years....
We are remembering just what the Lord has done for us.

On June 14th 2008...
...We were not promised Gabe would have brain damage
...We were not promised that I would ever walk again
...We were not promised that our little bundle -that had only been growing 11 weeks- would survive, and if she did who knew the quality of life she would have

Skipping ahead....

Now its June 14th 2011...
...We are assured that Gabe (who was 14 months then and 4 now) has NO BRAIN DAMAGE
... We are assured that I AM WALkING AGAIN (even working out, pre-pregnancy days)
...We are assured that Ella (our 11 week peanut then and now 2 1/2) HAS A WONDERFUL QUALITY of LIFE
... We are assured that we are expecting another little blessing in just six short weeks!!!!!

The Lord has been so gracious to us.
We have learned and grown so much since our accident.
The Lord is even revealing new things to us three years later....
...... Just two days ago, Andre was telling me that all this time we have blamed the over sized tube they shoved down Gabes throat (at the wreck scene) for his problems today and all the throat surgeries he had to have... Well the Lord was showing Andre that he needed that over sized tube for extra oxygen. Extra oxygen helps the brain heal faster... and Gabe had a lot of swelling on his brain. PRAISE the LORD!

So for our family today is a good day to reminisce...
We cry for remembering the scary and we cry for remembering the amazing blessings!


Here are two pics I found of my little man and his days at riley...




And do not forget the video my wonderful bro put together.....
The link to its is up in the right hand corner... it says Video Blog,
just click on it and it will bring you to the video.

God bless all of you who served us during this time....
I still think about people and how they helped...
... for example - the socks I wear are from a good friend who bought them for me in the hospital, there are several recipes that I now use from those of you who brought us meals, there is a special pen that I use sometimes that was given to me in the hospital, and etc.

4 comments:

Tera said...

Love you lots and lots and thanking Jesus for your whole family.

Lou said...

Just as every Easter and Christmas, we are reminded once again and celebrate what Christ has done for us, I will always celebrate June 14th & June 18th as reminders of God's wonderful Grace in sparing my family!I could have so quickly been without Andre, Mandi, Gabe, Ella, Tera, Braylee, and Brynna for the rest of my life, and I can't imagine life without them! Thank You Jesus!

Guatmama said...

I took a minute to watch your video again this morning. What a wonderful reminder of God's healing power and testimony of loving family!

Sue said...

Such a miracle! Rejoice every year! You have a lot to be thankful for.