Sunday, August 24, 2008

Whats on my mind!

As I go throughout my day many things run through my mind. I have felt like I was supposed to post this small reminder for a while and I finally am. It is a reminder not to take the SMALL things for granted. Sometimes in this crazy world we get busy and pass by the small things. I just want to bring to your attention some things I haven't been able to do since the wreck (10wks yesterday). I am not mentioning these things in order for you to feel sorry for me, but in order for you to take a step back and thank God for your body and its mobility. So here are some things on my wish list - and I know that one day I WILL do them again.

Mandi's Wish List:
1. Scrub my bathroom floors - now don't get me wrong they have been cleaned!
2. Roll around on the floor with Gabe
3. Get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and not have to put on my brace
4. Going to bed with NO leg pain... my legs wear out and get very achy at night
5. To bend over to the floor without holding onto something near by- incase i loose my balance
6. To RUN
7. To walk around all day and not have to take breaks because I am tired
8. To pick up my little man anytime, anywhere
9. To sit down on the floor all by myself, nothing around to hang onto
10. Cuddle with my sweetie and my sweet boy without a hard brace seperating us
11. To get dressed and be able to see what I am wearing
12. To wear a necklas....many times I have went to put one on and I forget that my brace is in the way
13. Stand in the shower
14. The simple task of bending over to pick up toys is actually one that I really miss
15. To be able to give Gabe a bath
16. Taking walks with my boys
17. To put Gabe in his crib for naps
18. To balance on one foot like I used too
19. To pick weeds out of my landscaping
20. Cutting my toenails
21. To put lotion on my feet without the pain of my legs being stretched

These are just a few things I have thought about throughout my time at home. I took them for granted and I am asking the Lord daily to never let me get to that point again!

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Hang in there Mandy. I can't imagine what you go through each and every day. But I can tell you every time I see you you've gained something or some skill back. You are amazing and an inspiration. I know I have definitely benefited by this reality check.

Chelsa said...

thanks for the reminder not to take things for granted!