Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On our own.....

Hello Friends....
I just wanted to update you all on our lives right now.... This past Saturday we moved HOME! Yes we are somewhat crazy, however we really felt the need for our little Gabe to have a routine and be back at the place he knows. Sure enough he tromped around just like he had never left for a minute. What a sweet little boy. Andre definately has his hands full... he gets to take care of the two he loves plus do ALL of the household chores for now. Please pray for extra strength and endurance for him.
As for Gabe- he is back to himself (except for some allergies). He is walking all over the house, chasing Bruce, and always saying "more" for food of some sort. We just love watching him and loving on him.
As for me- well I am slowly but surely improving. Things seem to be going slower as of now. I am just building my strength every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday through therapy. Now don't get me wrong, I am definately improving! I, of course, just don't feel like its going fast enough. I would love to be able to get on the floor and play with my son soon (pray for extra strength and flexablity). I would also love to help out around the house more so praying for endurance would be wonderful ( I of course wouldn't do anything my doc. wouldn't approve of).

You all would be proud of me!
On a lighter note...
My mom and I made a trip to Evansville! Yes you heard me right... Evansville! Gabe needed some clothes (because he had pretty much out grown all of his in the last 7 weeks), we needed a few things to help organize our office-soon to be Ella's room-, and just for the fun of it! I was one tired woman when we returned but I DID IT! It was good to do something normal again.

Thank you all for your enduring prayers! We really appreciate it and of course could never repay you except to pray for you (please let us know if there are any prayer requests that we can join you in). Please don't stop now... we need your prayers just as much now as before, as we are trying to survive as our own little family again.
We love you all very much,
Mandi

4 comments:

Tera said...

Mandi, I'm glad to hear your little excursion yesterday went well. We'll be stopping by in a little bit...You can show me the stuff you bought! :)

Lauren said...

So exciting! Don't hesitate to ask for help with dishes and vacuuming :) I know from experience that stuff can really pile up.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Mandi I have been praying for you guys to get into a routine, some normalsy (sp). I am so proud of you guys! I bet it feels good. :) I wanted to let you know we won't be able to make it to playgroup tomorrow. Im SO sad!! I have been really looking forward to it. Hopefully, we can get together soon.
ps. If you need help with any housework... Im there for ya, and the kids can play. Keep it up!

Leah Robinson said...

I was so glad to hear you guys were at home now!! It's got to be nice to have a little bit of the independency back :) And don't you worry about that cleaning!! I'm sure Andre is doing just fine :) But I will keep you all in my prayers for sure!!!

I hope you got the food & gifts for Gabe Monday....I took them to your mom's b/c I thought you guys were still there :) It was nice to hear you were already back home!!