Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More WONDERFUL news....

God is so FAITHFUL!



Yesterday we (Lou-my mother- in -law, Andre, Gabe and I) made a trip to Indy for Gabe's follow up visits. His first appointment was at 11am at Methodist. She was a physical therapist who had seen Gabe while he was at Riley and she was astonished with how well he was doing. She just kept saying "he looks so Good!". She evaluated him and sent us on our way. She released him and told us that unless we have concerns there would be no reason to return! Wow! We were thrilled!

His next appointment wasn't until 2pm so we decided to head to Riley for some McDonalds. We at lunch and then uncle Adam stopped by to give Gabe some kisses. Gabe also enjoyed throwing pennies in the fountain, picking flowers for his mommy and gramma (Lou), taking a ride in the wagon-the last time he was in this wagon he didn't look as good, taking rides on the elevators, and just walking around. Andre and Lou also showed me all around, the rooms Gabe had stayed in, and what emotions ran through my head. All I could say was THANK YOU JESUS! I just kept thanking him that we were now on the outside looking in. We were the healthy ones looking at where Gabe WAS. God is so faithful to our prayers... however, he doesn't always answer them the way we would like BUT he does hear them!

Then off to see the neuro/pulmonary doc. He too was impressed with Gabe's success. He asked many questions digging deep to find something wrong and it was the most wonderful feeling to be able to answer every question with positive answers! He also told us unless there are any concerns then we wouldn't have to return! Great news... we don't have any more follow ups with indy docs! Gabe is 100% and more.... little stinker progressed faster then his mommy!

Overall, it was a wonderful day. We accepted all of the good news and celebrated by eating out on the way home.







Throwing pennies in the water


















Gabe and daddy picking flowers













Andre, Gabe, and Adam

















Gabe taking a ride



















Playing while waiting on the doctors
























water fountain

throwing in rocks

picking more flowers

look mom "I found a ball!"

A little update on my progress!

As of a week and two days i have been DONE with MY CANE! I am now walking all by myself. I am slowly but surely making progress. I sat indian style the other night and folded clothes, this was a huge stepping stone for me! I have been stretching alot and was excited to see that one day soon I will be able to sit with Gabe on the floor and play again. I have seen added strength in my legs. My endurance is building slowly- i took a walk around the block with Gabe and Andre. And yesterday at our Riley outing I walked the whole day-which was actually alot of walking! So my goal is to get my brace of next month so I can lift gabe and start doing some back and stomach exercises.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

"throwing pennis in the water"...guess what i thought that said the first time i read it!!! congrats on the good news... and sitting indian style! yipppee!

Brittany said...

I too thought the same thing as Brandi. I think it is pennies. Haha. Anyways great to hear the good news. Sorry we didn't get to chat more at playgroup, but I guess since Gabe is doing so well he wanted to be with the big kids instead of the babies. That is such a good thing!!

Leah Robinson said...

That is wonderful news Mandi! Praise God :)