Monday, September 13, 2010

passing on traditions...

The other night we were out at my parents house popping popcorn and I had a little step back in time.... as kids we used to always end our weekends with Sunday night popcorn, snickers (bite-size yes they have to be bite-size), and apples!

Now do not judge until you try it! Popcorn is just the side item but, when you eat the apples and snickers you take a bite of each... kind of taste like a candy apple! YUM!

So as we were making popcorn I was telling my parents we need to do this with the kids sometime... Well what do you know, my dad had his own little stash of snickers! Yeah! We told the kids all about it and they LOVED it! I love passing on these kind of traditions.




































3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I think it sounds yummy! Hope El is feeling better.

Chelsa said...

I love tradition!

Tera said...

Aww! How fun! My Sunday evening tradition was to eat nachos at my Granny and Pa's while watching America's Funniest Videos. Love those sweet memories! Granny would buy the cheese at Sam's that tastes like the kind you get at movie theaters! ;) Yum!