Monday, September 29, 2008

Normalcy!!!

Well today is the big day! Andre is off to work again.... Gabe and I are having a rough morning without him. I took for granted how much help my husband is... he has been a wonderful most amazing blessing these last six weeks(talk about someone who sticks with you through the thick and thin). I am already tired and its only 9. Gabe chose to have a rough night and wake up again at 5:30am. I think he knows life is changing once again. He woke up saying "dada". So as you can tell we are both having withdraws! I tried to convince Andre to just quit :) last night before bed. I know impossible but after spending 24/7 together since we moved home you get attatched.
So here we are taking another step towards what we once knew as normal! It is a bitter-sweet step. I do feel like I am somewhat back in business as a mother and a wife! Last weekend Andre went away with some of his best friends and Gabe and I SURVIVED! I was pretty excited because I was able to clean the house while he was gone. Something I haven't done in quite a long time. I am now functioning completely on my own ..... as far as equipment like the "potty chair" and the shower chair. Oh and the best part is I am not sweating near as much because I lost the three pound brace!!!!! Let me tell you- it has been such a blessing the last two weeks (tomorrow) to not have to carry that thing around.
Just a small update on our status! I will update more during Gabe's nap today. If you think of Gabe, Andre, and I today just say a little prayer that time will go fast so we can all be together again tonight!
thanks again

2 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I think we wives do take for granted the companionship we get from our husbands. You are a great mommy and am excited for you to take this step. Let me know if you ever want to get the kids together. It may help the time go faster!! :) I know my days lag a bit sometimes too. Good Luck!

Jamie said...

Hi Mandi! I know it must be hard for you. I remember after I had Emma and Scott had to go back to work, I cried for the first couple days. It does call for long days at times, but it will get easier.