Thursday, September 4, 2008

Looking back...

A few nights ago when I woke up and couldn't sleep the Lord was reminding me of where I have come from. Only a short 12 weeks (this coming Saturday) ago I was laying in a bed unable to move myself. Wow! God is truly amazing...it gives me goose bumps to think about it. So I am going to reminisce for a minute.....

While at Methodist Hospital:

*Everyone was excited to see that I could wiggle my toes...that is it there was NO other movement in my leg at the time!

*From Saturday to Friday I didn't move my body... I laid on my back unable to roll, bathe, or go to the restroom.

*On Thursday and Friday the physical therapist came in and sat me in a wheelchair and only after an HOUR I was sweating and ready to lay back in my bed... talk about scary for one who likes to take walks and exercise.

*A gown became my attire for over a week...a gown can sure make you feel like a superstar!

*My legs were in terrible pain after surgery on Monday.... It felt like my legs had fallen asleep and they were very restless and prickly(like if your legs were to fall asleep only 50x worse). I had to have someone helping me move them and rub them 24/7.

*My appetite was gone due to the pain meds...however, I needed to feed the little girl inside of me.

*And the WORST-I hadn't seen my baby since Saturday night! I had no clue what he was going through or what he looked like. I missed him with all of my heart but GOD definitely gave me grace to get through!

As you can see I experienced some not so pretty things! BUT I have seen more now then ever how God can heal, be our provider in every way, be close(so close that I knew I could just rest in him), extend grace, extend mercy, hear our prayers, and most of all he showed me LOVE! He showed me just how a person should be loved through all of you. I was just blown away to see how many wonderful people I have in my life. And actually there were many of you who provided for us and I didn't even know you or your gift was anonymous. WOW! There are many wonderful people that I have met because of the wreck and I will never forget their motivation for me or their believing in me. It is truly because of you and your prayers that put me at this computer typing this post right now. God is so good-however, that statement just doesn't seem to do him justice!

Once again I couldn't ever re-THANK YOU! If you ever have a down day just look at what you did for me through your prayers and then KNOW God is good!

love ya all
mams

4 comments:

Brandi said...

praise God! and just think, He's not finished yet!!

Kristi said...

It's good that God takes us back sometimes to remember how truly AWESOME He is! I am so glad that you are doing well. You truly inspire me to have faith in God!
Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

What an awesome God we serve! Praise the Lord, keep sharing what he lays on your heart, love to hear it!
In awe of him,
Brooke

Jen said...

Mandi--Your story truly is amazing. I'm so glad things are getting more normal for your family. You have a story full of faith and wonderful examples of answered prayer to tell your kids someday