Thursday, December 8, 2011

meet ralph

Well,
I had finally caved and purchased a Elf on the Shelf when shopping recently. i wanted one last year but let the idea sink in..... and then further on in my shopping day I was at Gordmans and found Mr Ralph.
So...
Ralph is the cheap version of Elf on the Shelf..
He was only five dollars compared to thirty...
He came with a book and the same story ....
It was hard for me to accept at first...
Bc I wanted what everyone else was having....
Plus I thought the Elf was so cute!
I wanted that Elf... but I finally told myself that Ralph would be just as much fun!
So...
here is what he has been up to and boy is he a stinker!


Andre reading the story to the kids....
(yes his name is supposed to be Randall but we decided on Ralph)


















Ralph has a messenger bag that he takes messages to Santa with...
(all fun and games bc our kiddos know that santa is just someone dressed up)
Each day when we find him he either has a note or some candy for the kids...

The first morning the kids found him here...

























He has sent us on a treasure hunt.....


















He tried hiding behind our Christmas countdown!

















One morning we found him reading the story of baby Jesus' birth...
and that stinker recorded himself on my phone
reading it and read it to Gabe and Ella when they woke up!
My all time favorite.... (GO DADDY... I mean Ralph)
























Hiding in the stocking....
























One of my favorites....
A bubble bath!!!!!!!

























Fishing for Goldfish in the toilet!!!!!!























Ralph has been a joy!
My kids jump out of bed to find him...
The pics of Ralph's crazy adventures will keep coming!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I have seen many people have these and think it is such a cute thing to do! What a fun tradition and to bring him back each year:)

The fishing for goldfish was my fav!!

Chelsa said...

i think ralph is cuter than the elf. i personally think the elf is a little creepy myself! lol

ya'll are so creative w/ your hiding/story ideas :)

fun times for your family <3

Tera said...

I agree with Chelsa, I think the Elf is a little creepy! Ralph is way cooler! :) I have seen some of the other ideas for finding him on other blogs but I love where he recorded the Christmas story for the kids! Great idea!

Guatmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guatmama said...

Ralph is way cuter and a great way to save a few bucks, your ideas with him have been very creative! I meant to say hi yesterday at MiP, but you were in the bathroom when we left! LOL

Shannon said...

Very creative! The bath and fishing!!! Too cute