Friday, March 19, 2010

popsicle anyone???

That's right... we have already broke into the making of popsicles! I found these handy popsicle bases at Bed,Bath, and Beyond and snatched them up thinking that it would be something fun to do this summer. However, my little man would not let me forget that we had purchased them....so on we went to making some sugary kool-aid to pour into the bases. We put them in the freezer before bed and the very first thing Gabe reminded me of the next morning "mom, you think our poptitles are hard?" So sweet. So here they are enjoying their first homemade popsicle. (no they did not get them for breakfast, he he, i made them wait until after lunch)













































































































6 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

So cute. We have those also. Try making them with applesauce or other puree fruit. Its good! You can add fruit juice to them. Or stick with kool aid. ha

Anonymous said...

yummy yummy.. we also have some molds similar to that... and I agree with Courtney.. the smoothie ones are the best!!!!! even for momma's

Chelsa said...

we're going to have to get some of those! b loves popsicles. the only homemade ones we've made were with an ice cube tray and toothpicks! lol

Bethany said...

These are so fun. We have tried yogurt mixed with fresh fruit and Jell-o in these. I would like to try pudding too. Fun, easy, and cheap!

Tera said...

Ohhh, we had these when I was a kid! I'll have to remember to pick up some for the girls. Looks like Ella especially enjoyed hers. ;)

Tera said...

BTW, if we're talking about ways to make them...I'm thinking I would make mine with Mello Yello! ;)