Tuesday, March 22, 2011

sunday....lovely...sunday

This (last) Sunday was a day that I didn't want to stop.... It was LOVELY!
It was a day that went down in my book as "one to remember".

What did we do you ask?

Nothing much out of the ordinary... and thats why I loved it.

We started the day with amazing worship and fellowship.
Then onto my parents to grab a bite to eat.
After playing hard we headed home for some much needed naps.

And then we walked out the back doors and did not walk back in until about nine that night!
I love being outside... the weather has been more then amazing!
Can you tell it makes me happy?

So we did a little of this.... and when I say little I mean the kiddos played while mommy and daddy raked and bagged leaves.
































After we worked hard/played hard we were ready for some good ol hotdogs!
Thats right... first campfire of the year.... I love campfires!
































Look at that dirty face.... I love letting them get dirty!

















They could hardly wait for them to be done and when they were....
my littles enjoyed!
















Yep... thats the one I dug into!

















Uncle Tyler joined in on the cookout.....
can you see that my kids LOVE uncle Tyler???
















silly kiddos....
















Daddy topped off the evening by running to the store for
some much needed campfire smores!
Thanks daddy!

Check out his new find... HUGE marshmallows!
















































It was a sweet day with lots of good family time!
Thank you Lord for days like these.

5 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

man. you said it all. we should just live next door and take turns having fires and playing in the yards together. ha ps that smore made me SO jealous

Guatmama said...

We saw those big marshmellows at the end of the season last year, can't wait to try them!!

Tera said...

Your post title reminded me of Brynna...on Monday, she wanted to roll the windows down in the car and said, "But, mama, it's such a LOVELY day!" :) Tell Gabe that Uncle Alex would be proud of how he's sitting in that last picture! haha!

Chelsa said...

what a fun day! i love days like that <3 and i love when my boys are sooo dirty from playing outside, b/c it makes them seem to smell even better after bathtime!

Ashley said...

I was outside this past week a couple days when it was sooo nice and yes it was lovely;) I wanted to break out the grill but didn't...your pics are making me wish I did though. haha. Glad you guys had such a good day!!!

P.S- my parents have that same firepit.