Monday, February 21, 2011

NWTF

As of Friday at 11am the kids and I decided to head to Nashville to meet up the with the crew of guys.... I felt pretty good when we picked up mom only one short hour later!!!! whew, I can say I have never packed us up so quickly!

The four of us piled in and headed south.

We meet up with the Taxidermy crew. The boys (Dad, Josh, Tyler, Andre, Butch, Mike) had made this trip on Thursday so they could get the turkeys set up for National Competition. And the wives (Cheryl, Donna, Tayrn) were just about 30 mins in front of us. So it made for a big group.

When we arrived Friday evening we just relaxed bc everything was ready to go for the big show on Saturday.

The winners were announced Sat morning. Lengacher's Taxidermy came home with Best of Category, two blues (1sts), and two reds (2nds)!!!!! (and great experience)

Woot Woot to them...

Here is Josh accepting the ribbon for BEST in the Open Wing Category!
This is quite and honor to receive Best in Category at the National Level.
We are so proud of you Dad and Josh!!!!!!
















Silly me I have no pics of the birds!!

This was Gabes spot on the floor, waiting to see uncle Josh get a ribbon.
Notice his Camo attire..... He was so proud of himself for being dressed for the occasion.
























Friday night we ate at a fun restaurant and it had this crazy big rocking chair!!!!!






















































My kiddos had a BLAST swimming!!!!!
It made my heart happy to see them have so much fun, I told Andre I would prob drive four hours again just to be able to see them swim!!!!
I am looking forward to this summer.... yahoo!













































































We really enjoyed ourselves on such a last min. trip!!!!!!
It was fun to be a bit adventurous..........

P.S. the title- it stands for National Wild Turkey Federation

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

way to go lengacher taxidermy!! :)

glad you had a fun spontaneous trip!

Beth said...

Love those hotel pools! Glad you were able to go on a fun getaway.
(Btw, your comment on my blog last week made my day! Thanks so much for the compliment.)

Tera said...

Looks like a fun, spontaneous weekend. Congrats to your fam! The kids look TINY in that rocking chair!