Sunday, December 5, 2010

passing on traditions....

Through the years, while living at home..... my brothers and I always decorated gingerbread houses this time of the year.

Thursday evening we had no plans and a night at home so we broke out the gingerbread houses. I was really impressed with how long this held the attention of a one and three year old. The kids had a blast and they are so proud to show everyone that enters the house.

My heart delights in these family activities.... hopefully this will be a fun tradition that is past on and one the sticks around.







At first Ella had a hard time thinking about candy being in
front of her and her not eating it all!





























































Gabes finished house....

Ellas finished house.....
Here are some pics of miss Ella cooking and talking on the phone...
I love this little girl.... she makes me smile!
p.s.....I bought the gingerbread house kits at Wal-Mart for $9. I thought that was an amazing deal. It had the icing, candy, house, everything you need. I just know that you can rack up money pretty quickly in candy for the decorating part.... so go get yourself a kit and have yourself some fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! Congats to you and the family on the new addition news! God Bless you!!!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

I had been eyin these kits and wasn't sure how'd they'd turn out. But they are SO cute. I think we will have to do this this year also. Thanks for sharing. PS. I only have a couple usable pics. My point in shoot is awfuL! Thought it would help not bringing my dsl, but I should have! I'll email the group shots

Chelsa said...

cute houses! way to go gabe and ella! they are both precious!

love the pics of ella cookin' and talkin'! a true momma :)

Jessie said...

You seriously have the cutest kids ever. I love Ella's smile when she's looking up from her gingerbread house. Oh and Koen would drool over their kitchen set. Not sure why but he loves to pretend to cook lately!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of Loving Life would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Ashley said...

I was catching up on blogs and just seen that you are expecting! CONGRATS!!!! You do so good with your kids! Keep up the tradition of making gingerbread houses. They look cute and are really worth the money:)